The District Court is mindful of the current situation and we want to help ensure that the community stays safe while continuing to provide fair and expeditious processing of cases.
Therefore, the Court is taking appropriate steps to minimize exposure to the public and court professionals while in our building.
If you have a Court hearing scheduled or are summoned for Jury Duty and are feeling sick, please contact us at (775) 423-6088 to have your concerns addressed by staff.
The District Court Law Library is closed to the public until further notice.
For current updates on the COVID-19/Coronavirus, please visit the Churchill County Board of Health/Public Service Announcements webpage.
- Modifications to District Court as Jury Trials Resume - Oct. 9, 2020
District Court provides for the protection of the rights of the individual through the judicial process with an emphasis on the fair and expeditious processing of cases. The Court applies current statutes, Supreme Court rulings, and local laws in protecting an individual’s rights. The judges hear the following types of cases:
- Criminal cases for persons charged with felonies and gross misdemeanors
- Civil cases involving claims in excess of $15,000
- Probate matters
- Domestic relations
- Paternity and Child Support
- Mental commitments
- Family matters generated through the Nevada Division of Child and Family Services
- Extraordinary writs
- Appeals from Municipal and Justice courts
- Juvenile matters
In order to expedite your concerns and requests, mail all court documents, correspondence, and jury matters to:
District Court Clerk
73 N Maine Street
Fallon, NV 89406