Great Easter Egg Hunt
The Great Easter Egg Hunt is a geocaching activity that is free to all participants. 10 large Easter eggs containing toys and treats will be hidden throughout Churchill County and available to find beginning Saturday, April 9, 2022. The eggs will be available through Sunday, April 17. The first 10 eggs will include clues to locate the Golden Egg which will only be available Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17.
Following the event, the eggs will be replaced with permanent cache containers for the enjoyment of others throughout the year.
The Golden Egg
- The Golden Egg is a multi-stage puzzle cache that will be available Saturday, April 16, and Sunday, April 17.
- After Sunday, the Golden Egg will be replaced with be converted to a standard puzzle cache with only a single stage.
- To find the Golden Egg you must first find the other 10 eggs to retrieve the clues.
- Be prepared to spend a couple hours on the hunt. You will have to travel to multiple locations.
- The first party to find the Golden Egg will win a $50.00 dollar Visa gift card in addition to the usual toys and candy!
The Golden Egg Puzzle
- The Puzzle to locate the Golden Egg will be posted HERE at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 17th and will be available through Sunday, April 16th.
- The Puzzle will also be available on The Golden Egg cache page on geocaching.com. The cache page for The Golden Egg will be posted at about the same time as the Puzzle will be posted on this page.
Tips to be First to Find the Golden Egg
- Find all ten traditional eggs before 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 16th and make certain you have all the clues to decode the Golden Egg Puzzle.
- Have all your clues together and KEEP THEM WITH YOU during the Hunt for the Egg.
- Be ready to view the puzzle on this webpage at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. Alternatively, be looking on geocaching.com for the published Golden Egg puzzle cache (it will appear as a question mark). You may sign up for new cache notifications on geocaching.com if you are able.
- You WILL need to be able to use a phone or GPS device to locate GPS coordinates. During the hunt for the Golden Egg, you WILL receive new GPS coordinates that you must travel to. If you have not already learned how to locate coordinates and have just been using geocaching.com, practice that in advance. You can use a simple app like Google Maps and type GPS coordinates directly into the search bar.
**EXAMPLE** - The location of EGG #5 (see sidebar above) would be entered into the Google Maps search bar as:
n 39 27.587 w 118 46.916
LOCATING THE 2022 GOLDEN EGG
The GOLDEN EGG will be available to locate on Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17 only.
You will need to solve a puzzle to locate the Golden Egg. To solve the puzzle, you will need a piece of information from each of the 10 traditional eggs.
N 39° 29.056
W 118° 48.911
N 39° 28.830
W 118° 49.120
N 39° 24.078
W 118° 49.498
N 39° 25.211
W 118° 46.475
N 39° 24.098
W 118° 45.747
N 39° 27.520
W 118° 46.835
N 39° 29.384
W 118° 42.219
N 39° 28.351
W 118° 41.257
N 39° 31.124
W 118° 34.214
N 39° 32.226
W 118° 42.782
N 39° 27.187
W 118° 43.813