UPDATED AUG. 12 (for the rest of August):
- Tuesdays (Aug. 17, 24, 31): Vaccines and testing at Miner's Road Public Health Site from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays (Aug. 18, 25): Vaccine only at Pennington Life Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; vaccine and testing at Miners Road Public Health Site from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. We will no longer be at The Grid Farmer's Market on Wednesdays.
- Thursdays (Aug. 19, 26): Vaccine only at Pennington Life Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; vaccine and testing at Miners Road Public Health Site from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cantaloupe Festival: Friday, Aug. 27: vaccine only from 3-8 p.m.
- Cantaloupe Festival: Saturday, Aug. 28: vaccine only from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Winners of Vaccine Cash Incentive program announced from the main stage at 8:30 p.m. (need not be present to win; we will contact you after the festival).
Churchill County’s COVID vaccine and testing schedule for August is posted. The county has expanded its vaccine and testing delivery points to include The Grid Farmer’s Markets on Wednesdays and the William N. Pennington Life Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments are no longer needed at any location, but can be scheduled for your convenience.
The Grid is located at 1120 Taylor Place and the Pennington Life Center is at 952 S. Maine St. in Fallon.
Those 18 and older may receive the free Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen vaccine and those ages 12-17 will receive the Pfizer vaccine.
Schedule for the month of August:
- Mondays and Fridays: Please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to make a future COVID testing or vaccine appointment.
- Tuesdays (Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31) – Vaccines and testing from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Miner’s Road Public Health drive-through site; rapid tests offered from 3-4 p.m.
- Wednesdays (Aug. 4, 11, 18, 25) - Vaccines and testing from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Pennington Life Center. Vaccines and testing offered from 3 to 5 p.m. at The Grid Farmer’s Market on Aug. 4 and 11 and from 3 to 7 p.m. on Aug. 18 & 25.
- Thursdays (Aug. 5, 12, 26) – Vaccines only from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Pennington Life Center. Vaccines only at the Life Center on Aug. 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
First and second doses available on all vaccine dates. Please bring a photo ID. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please bring your vaccination card to your second dose and refer to it to see when you are eligible for your second dose. You are able to get your second dose anytime after its due date.
If you or someone you know is homebound, or cannot access the vaccine site for whatever reason, please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to discuss alternative options.
Please print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire” and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist” forms and bring them with you to your vaccine location. The forms will also be available at the vaccine location.