In the continuing effort to eradicate the COVID-19 virus and help keep our community healthy, Churchill County continues to offer COVID vaccine and testing opportunities in November. Vaccines are offered at both the Miner’s Road Public Health Site and the William N. Pennington Life Center; testing is only offered at Miner’s Road. Due to continuing shortages in rapid test kits, those will not be offered in November.
All three vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson) are available at all vaccine clinics.
Third doses and boosters are available at any of the county’s vaccine dates and locations in November. Be sure to bring your vaccination card with you if seeking a booster or third dose.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
The CDC recommends booster shots for those who took the Pfizer or Moderna if you are: 65 years and older, age 18+ and live in long-term care settings, age 18+ and have underlying medical conditions or are age 18+ and work in high-risk settings. Boosters are available six months after receiving your last shot.
Booster shots for those who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are available to those 18+ who were vaccinated two or more months ago.
Seasonal Flu Shots
Churchill County offers a special seasonal flu vaccine clinic to anyone ages 6 months and older on Saturday, Nov. 6 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Miner’s Road Public Health Site. The seasonal flu vaccine is also available at any vaccine date and location listed in the calendar above during November. A special thank you to Banner Churchill Hospital Auxiliary which as has funded 1,000 doses of the flu vaccine to support our community!