The new year will soon be upon us and as 2019 comes to a close, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for your contributions, large or small, to our community. I have learned so much in the year and a half I’ve been here, and am truly proud to live in, and work for, Churchill County.
As we look to 2020, I’d like to mention some of the accomplishments and projects your county government has worked on in 2019:
- Expansions of our water and wastewater systems with the help of state grants
- Recuperated the remaining funds from the 2017 flood mitigation efforts to complete needed bridge repairs
- Partnered with the City of Fallon to break ground on the new Fallon Youth Club facility
- Celebrated our success at the close of the 2019 legislative session in restoring the Payment In Lieu of Taxes funding we receive from CC Communications
- Remain engaged in the Navy’s range expansion effort while striving to achieve a desirable outcome for all involved
- Kicked-off the 2020 Master Plan update
- Launched a new county website
- Purchased property to provide affordable housing opportunities
These achievements highlight just a few of the successes we’ve had this year.
In 2019, we also said goodbye to a few retiring elected officials, department heads and employees, and welcomed several new faces.
Know that your county government is fully engaged and committed to economic development that fits the needs of our community and provides local job opportunities. There are a number of exciting opportunities in the areas of economic development and affordable housing and I look forward to continuing our positive work in these areas in 2020.
Thank you for making Churchill County a great place to live and work!
Churchill County Manager