The Churchill County Clerk-Treasurer’s Office has all the information you need to be prepared to vote in the June 9 mail-in primary election. Some important dates to remember:
- April 30: Mail-in ballots sent to active registered voters in Churchill County.
- May 12: Last day to register to vote, update registration or change party affiliation by mail or by calling the Clerk’s Office at (775)423-6028. Please note the Clerk’s Office is currently closed to the public, but an appointment can be made if registration can not be done by mail or online.
- May 13 - May 21: Online only voter registration, voter registration changes, or party affiliation changes. (If someone registers or updates their registration online during this time period, their ballot will be mailed to them)
- May 22 – June 4: Voters may register, update registration or change party affiliation online but will have to appear in person at the Clerk’s Office for a replacement ballot, to register as a new voter or to receive a provisional ballot. Voters must provide a valid Nevada Driver’s License or Nevada Identification Card and proof of residency. If someone registers or updates their registration online during this time period, they will need to appear in person at the Clerk’s Office to receive their ballot. The online option ends on June 4. The Clerk’s Office will be open for these purposes during this time period.
- June 4: End of online voter registration.
- May 23, 2020 – June 5, 2020 and June 9, 2020 same day in-person registration, registration updates, or party affiliation changes at the Churchill County Clerk’s Office during vote center hours. Voters must provide a valid Nevada Driver’s License or Nevada Identification Card and proof of residency. (The Clerk’s office will be open for in person registration and updates during this time. Voters will be given a paper ballot that they must vote and return at that time.)
NOTE: The Clerk’s Office will serve as the only vote center for the June 9, 2020 Primary Election. Vote center activities are limited to same-day registration with provisional ballot voting, in-person mail-in ballot deliveries, and replacement ballot pick-ups. Voting WILL NOT take place in the Commission Chambers, where early voting is normally held. Voters will come to the Clerk’s Office.
The vote center will be open during the following dates and times (normal early voting times):
Saturday, May 23 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, May 25 Closed for Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 26 - Friday, May 29 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 30 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, June 1 - Friday, June 5 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, June 9 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Churchill County Clerk’s Office is located at 155 N. Taylor St, Ste 110 (north side of the building off the parking lot), Fallon, Nevada.
Secure ballot drop boxes are located at the Clerk’s Office and Recorder’s Office entrances for those wishing to drop-off their ballots. (These drop boxes can be used for other Clerk/Treasurer’s business as well, such as property taxes.)